What’s your definition of a perfect day?
Running and romping with a friend, punctuated by a cool beverage and even a little dip in the water? Maybe a snack? These boxes were all checked yesterday when Charlie and his sweet friend Meadow got together.
A book to share with Charlie
Charlie napping on the couch waiting to hear about Shalini’s book recommendations
Five animal related facts about space so that I can share a picture of Charlie too, for his biggest fan Shalini 😊
1. Several monkeys were used in flight and space trials that did not end well. In 1959 – 10 years before Apollo 11 – a rhesus monkey named Abel and a Squirrel monkey named Baker became the first to successfully return to Earth after a 16 minute space flight. A total of 32 monkeys have been involved in space flights.
2. After humans successfully landed on the moon, animals were still part of the biological payload of missions even though they received less attention.
3. The record for dogs in space is held by the Russian dogs, Veterok and Ugolyok who orbited Earth for 22 days in 1966.
4. In 1973 two European garden spiders named Arabella and Anita spun webs aboard NASA’s Skylab for 59 days.
5. Additional varieties of animal life have been sent into space including cats, a tortoise, mice, frog eggs, and worms.
I’m excited because as a Cubs fan living away from Wrigley Field my team is coming to town. They are on a hot streak and I’ll be at the game against the Rockies tomorrow! Even Charlie is giddy with anticipation. ⚾️💙🐻
A few pictures of Charlie with two of his friends over the weekend. Nothing better than watching him play. 😊