ALIANA REACHES FOR THE MOON was released on 2/19/19 (An author’s reflection in no particular order)
- Reconnecting with children I used to teach and their families and knowing how proud they are that I reached this goal.
- Being on panels and in groups which connected me with authors of distinguished status.
- Being part of Apollopalooza in July as the world celebrated the 50th anniversary of landing on the moon.
- Seeing my book on the shelf at a bookstore or library.
- Hearing feedback from children and parents that they love the book.
- As of today Aliana has 62 reviews on Amazon for which I am sincerely grateful.
Tomorrow night a giveaway raffle that I’m participating in will be available! #12Books12Winners – I’ll share the link when it’s live.
Early morning walk
Central Park, Sam, and Benji
slices of red, purple, gray
meld to paint the sky
Walking and talking
enjoying the path,
enjoying the cool fall air,
the leaves filtering daylight
colors and light changing with each step.
Stopping by the creek
listening to the water
listening to your description
of whirling water followed by calm
a metaphor for life
But mostly enjoying the company
pause to admire colors
breathtaking- breathe deep.
Two years ago I moved from Chicago which is well known for beautiful cityscapes to the Rocky Mountains which is equally well known for its breathtaking landscapes.
Today, as I reflect upon my daughter’s wedding yesterday, the second daughter to be married this year, and my own birthday, I’m definitely thinking about what path I have chosen.
Do we choose our path, or does it choose us?
above or below?
what appears on the water,
or below the water line
is it really there?
Our minds reflect upon
what our eyes see.
If my eyes see it, does that make it real?